Skip to main content


Showing posts from May, 2020

Scrapbooking, Girl Scout Camp

So this is a layout that I made for a mixed media challenge and it isn't at all how I planned for it to turn out.  It started with a long hunt on finding my daughter's girl scout camp photos.  I knew that there were more of her at camp, but never found them.  I wanted to do a layout filled with triangles, but I couldn't cut a decent triangle for the life of me.  Then I saw a cool sketch with hexagons and planned on doing that.  I happily made a shape on my silhouette and then used it to cut all my photos.  I was playing around, but couldn't get my photos to line up like the sketch.  I was super puzzled and then I realized why.  I made pentagons instead of hexagons!  I played for a long time with my pentagons trying to get a layout that I liked and eventually came up with this flower shape.  Overall, it's a fun layout that is drastically different then my normal layouts, so it's a refreshing change.

Scrapbooking, Crazy Hair

Here is my crazy hair layout that I made for a NSD throwback sketch challenge.  I have been super into hand stitching on my layouts lately.  I love the texture it makes, but it definitely takes a long time to do.  I have a ton of cross stitching floss that came from my aunt when she passed away.  My aunt was into cross stitch and so was my oma.  And my mom still does cross stitch all the time, but my mom likes to do ones that have beads and buttons.  I don't have the patience for those big projects, but I don't mind it in little bits on my scrapbook pages.  I also used water color and gel medium on my page.

Scrapbooking, First Steps

I'm slowly working my way through scrapbook layouts.  I didn't make a single page for my littlest guys 2018 scrapbook.  Now I have one!  I found paper with dino footprints in my stash, so I thought that would be cute to use to document his first steps.  I had to dig for a long time to see if I had anythings else that was dinosaur related.  I eventually found this dino paperclips.  It took a while for me to get the paperclip part off of the red dino, but it was worth the effort.