Today I finished my bunnies! I found the instructions on MADE. They are very easy to make, but I recommend making them bigger rather than smaller. I had a hard time making them neat when I was sewing, but this is only my second project at sewing on a sewing machine. Overall I say they are very super cute. I have them hanging on my cluttered fireplace.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
You can't have Easter without Easter eggs. I made these a while ago, but I plan on making some more to fill up a jar-thing-a-ma-jig that I have instead of keeping in an old strainer. They are really easy to make, but for now you will have to just follow worded instructions instead of picture step by steps.
How to Make:
1. Get an egg and blow out the yoke (poke a hole on each end and blow!)
2. Get some sculpty or premo (I've used both) and use an extruder to make some nice long strands. You could just roll some, but they will not be as even.
3. Start sticking all the bits on how you want.
4. I took out the ink thing out of a pen and used the end to make little circles.
5. You can put some glitter on to make it sparkle. I did it on some of them.
7. You can put a glaze or something of the sorts if you want. I just left them and even with my nieces and nephew playing with them they have held up well. You could put an eye hook on them too so you can hang them. That was my plan at one point, but I never got around to it. =)
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Today I did something that I haven't done since 7th grade, I sewed on a sewing machine. A few weeks ago I bought a fairly cheep sewing machine and tried it out today. It took me a while to get it all set up, but once I started going I was on a roll! This is what I made today:
It's not a very fancy plastic bag holder, but it's a start. I hope it helps me limit how many I have floating around. I like to be organized if I can. I got the instructions on Martha Stewart's website, but I didn't have a towel to spare, so I just used some fabric. I just love the little lady bugs. =)
Sunday, March 21, 2010
I love scrapbooking and I decided that I am going to scrapbook my wedding. It is taking way longer than I expected, but I have to get it done before the baby comes and because my scrapbooking is taking up all of the dinner table! I'll post a few pages at a time so it isn't too overwhelming.