Sunday, May 17, 2015

Scrapbooking, S is for Swing

SisforSwing1
 
Hi everybody!  A few years ago, I made a page for my daughter called B is for.  It had different things B could be like beautiful and bellybutton.  Well, I decided to try another page like that.  This time it was for the letter S.  
 
SisforSwing2
 
It's a fun page with a little bit of interaction.  I know it looks a little wonkey in the picture, but it really is straight in real life.  Of course, I made this page for the Memory Nest Make it Monday.  I went with the interactive page with a flap to add my extra photo because I felt adding a photo another way kind of lost the spirit of the sketch and I really wanted to include both photos.
 
MMMay2015b
 
It was fun trying to find a few embellishments in my stash that started with the letter S.  Of course I had lots and lots of stars!  The bunny is really random.  A fun Japanese dollar store opened up by me and they have lots of fun paper bits!  That's where the bunny comes from.  He might make a few appearances on a few of my pages.
 
SisforSwing3
 
S is for sewing!
 
SisforSwing4
 
I found this stick together sticker and had to use it!  Perfect for how my daughter and her teddy bear are always together!
 
SisforSwing5

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Scrapbooking, Two Months

Ollie2months1

Ever make a big mistake on a layout?  Well, let me share my layout for the Memory Nest's Make it Monday.  So, I had the sketch and I had an idea what I wanted to do.  I was going to do this cool gelato background and it ended up being a big mess.  So, I put to the side and tried again.  I made this page you see....well kind of what you see.  Originally, I put a nice wooden one and wrote all about my little guy's first month milestones.  When I went to put the layout away, I realized that I had the wrong month.  These were actually his second month of life photos.  Whoops!  I could switch out the wooden number easily, but the journaling was more tricky to fix.  I had written right onto the page, so I had to cover up my old journaling with new journaling.  This made the page very right side heavy.  Then I had to add some more bits on the left side to help it a bit.  It came out fine in the end, but I was in a bit of a panic for a while.  I wasn't positive I was going to be able to fix it.

MMMay2105