Saturday, April 25, 2015

Nature Baby Mobile

NicolesBabyMobile1
 
I'm really excited to share this really darling baby mobile that I made for my cousin.  It was a special request for mushrooms, pine trees, and hedgehogs.  I felt it needed an owl too.  If you know my cousin, then you know this woodland theme is totally her.  I really enjoy making these.  If anyone wants me to make them one, I would love to do it!  They are so relaxing to make.
 
After I made it, I wanted to compare it to ones I made in the past.  For my daughter I made this bunny mobile and a couple of years ago I made this bear mobile for my niece.  I noticed I only had four hanging things as apposed to the six I've made in the past, but each critter/thing is a bit more detailed.  I think it was due to the smaller wooden hoop.  I used a wooden one instead of a plastic one for a nature feel and the wooden was that I found was smaller.

NicolesBabyMobile2
 
The owl is one of my favorites.  I had to make the gray floss since I didn't have any and didn't feel like going out to the craft store again in the same day.  I had been out earlier for more felt!  I used a copic N1 for the belly and N5 for the body.  I was surprised just how well it worked.  When I did eventally go back to the craft store, I couldn't find any gray floss that I liked.  They all looked more brown gray than a true gray.  I have this same issue with gray paint right now for my home.  Gray paint is  a bit blue or it is brown or it is purple.  What about a gray made from black and white?  Is that so hard to ask for.
 
NicolesBabyMobile3
 
I tried to go for a more natural looking tree.
 
NicolesBabyMobile4
 
I love my hedgehog!  Normally, I draw on a piece of paper what I want to make first.  Then cut it out and trace it onto felt.  But with this little guy I just drew it right on the felt for part and they other part I just kind of free cut.  I'm really surprised just how cute he is.  He kind of has a surfer shag going on. lol
 
NicolesBabyMobile5
 
The mushroom was the first one I made out of all the parts.
 
NicolesBabyMobile6
 
I decided to hide a little ladybug at the top for a bit of surprise!  It took me two tries to get an acceptable ladybug.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Scrapbooking, Hoppy Egg Hunt

HoppyEggHunt
 
Hooray it's Monday!  I've got a really bright layout to share today. I've been wanting to do a big string art inspired title for a while, and it finally worked out on this layout.  The title was fun to do, but it takes forever.  Well, it took a few hours as I watched some anime and I know that slowed me down a bit. 
 
MMApril2015
 
This page was made for make it Monday over at the Memory Nest using this sketch.  I was fairly faithful to the sketch again.  Not too many tangents.
 
HoppyEggHunt2
 
I have done some cross stitching way back when so I think that's why I like to stitch on my layout.
 
HoppyEggHunt3
 
I added some cute stamps.  I really wanted to add another stamped egg, but couldn't find a good spot for it to "hide."
 
HoppyEggHunt4
 
I used my own enamel dots again!
 
I've got a process video coming for this layout.  Hopefully, I'll have it up by Monday evening (west coast time).

Monday, April 6, 2015

Scrapbooking, Daffodil Hop

DaffodilHop
 
Happy Monday!  I'm a little late in getting this up, but I had to finish making something for someone and get it in the mail today!  I procrastinated a little too much.  I'll post about it in a week or so!  Anyways, It's my favorite time of year.  Tulip time!  Ok, this layout is about daffodils, but I see daffodils every time I go see the tulip fields.  While this layout is about the flowers from a few years back I did see the tulips again this year on Saturday.  I took lots of photos and I'm just realizing now that I got a few very similar photos this year of my daughter and husband!  Oh I can't wait to scrap them!

Happyx2April
 
I made this layout for the Memory Nest's Sketch for make it Monday.  I was very true to the sketch which doesn't happen all that often.  I had a few ideas for "big title," but they didn't work with the photos and space this time.  Be on the lookout from some big titles in the future though!
 
I made a bunch of cool paint and gel feathers in the background, but they mostly got covered by the photos, oh well.  It was an experiment that worked fairly well so I'll have to try it again.
 
I used my own enamel dots that I made on this layout.  My dots came out great, but I just had them fall off my layout a few hours ago.  I'll need some stronger adhesive.  Bummer!